Tuesday, July 25

"This is really happening"

I happened to check Ryan Adams’s website on Saturday. Sunday night Mal and I were in Charlottesville, VA watching him live. It was a great day to see the mountains near Monticello, the University of Virginia, and to catch Ryan Adams at the Charlottesville Pavillion. Ryan played for over two and half hours to a relatively intimate crowd of a couple thousand at most.

He played mostly stuff from his last 3 albums including:

Some stuff from the new album 29
Magnolia Mountain
Easy Plateau
Cold Roses
Let it Ride
A Kiss before I Go
Trains

He also played a couple of oldies:

What Sin Replaces Love
To Be Young (Is to be sad, Is to be High)
Call Me on Your Way Back Home
Dear Chicago
Anybody Wanna Take Me Home

Encore: This is it

I have been waiting for a chance to see Ryan since I missed him in Memphis back in ’04. I don’t know what made me check the website for the first time in months, but I’m glad I did because we had awesome time... much better than our Saturday night experience watching "Hard Times Idol" at a local Fredericksburg bar.

2 Comments:

At Wed Jul 26, 04:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you all got to see the campus. An APSU President gave us a directive once to make his campus look like UVA. Not an easy task.

 
At Mon Jul 31, 06:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got to see Ryan.. that is freakin awesome! Jealously.. envy.. these are but two competing emotions at the moment.. followed closely by naked hatred and anger. =p j/k hope you guys had a great time. keep in touch.
- Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Crafty Cait
Now What?
Now I Know... by Keara
Inside Mr.Karyhead
Lab Rats Comedy
Good Commitment
 
fun with video chat
No more boxes!
How's work?
happy one
This place is a ZOO!
-CH=CH2
"HAZAA!"
"How to be an adult" Lesson 1
Home Sweet Home
Welcome to Spotsy
 
July 2006
August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

February 2007

March 2007

April 2007

May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

October 2008