Thursday, August 23

Old Friends, New Dos & Rocky Trails

I have been lucky enough to spend my last two weekends in Reston with Caitlin!

Weekend No. 1: I enjoyed traveling North on I-95 during rush hour (poor south bounders) on Friday afternoon. Caitlin and I quickly bought our metro passes and headed to Foggy Bottom to meet Beth and Fran! Caitlin and Fran planned the best route to Sequoia, where we enjoyed our "Restaurant Week 2007" dinner. While we were enjoying the view of the Potomac, Brandon called to say his flight had been canceled and he would be joining us :) The dinner was great, but the company was even better!

Saturday we laid around Caitlin's apartment after a very satisfying lunch at Chili's and watched our normal tv line up. Well, you can only watch so many makeover shows before you realize that you need one too! So, we decided the remainder of the day would be spent getting manicures and haircuts. Click here to see Caitlin and here for me, we are very happy with the outcome of both :)

Weekend No. 2: This time I had a companion for my trip. Upon arrival, Caitlin & I ate dinner at a great little Italian place called Mamma Lucia, where we stuffed ourselves, surprise surprise. Then we rested up for our big day of hiking at Great Falls Park.

Saturday afternoon, we headed to the park and spent a few hours on the River Trail (which runs near the Patowmack Canal). The view of the Potomac was very impressive. Doc couldn't get enough rock climbing, it was so cute! We also enjoying watching the people kayaking. After a long day, what else could we want to do except decorate Caitlin's apartment? On a whim, we decided to paint the area above her fireplace :) Caitlin ended up doing the painting, I kept her well supplied with beverages. You can see the finished results below. I think it looks great!

4 Comments:

At Fri Aug 24, 09:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to see your friends from State. It's nice Caitlin is close. Your hair dos looks great. Miss you guys, Mom

 
At Sun Aug 26, 10:35:00 PM, Blogger niltiac said...

I love this post and all the pics! Thanks for visiting the past two weekends!

 
At Mon Aug 27, 03:16:00 PM, Blogger C. Houston Longino said...

Looks great!

 
At Tue Aug 28, 12:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that you two were hikers...this is going into your files for future reference (like, um, probably when I come to visit and want to go outdoors).

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Crafty Cait
Now What?
Now I Know... by Keara
Inside Mr.Karyhead
Lab Rats Comedy
Good Commitment
 
Meet the Davenports
Good Commitment
A hiking we will go
For My Momma
Hazaa! Happy 4th!
This is Us
Periferal Installed
Mail Day!
Doc's Do
Happy Bday Matty!
 
July 2006
August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

February 2007

March 2007

April 2007

May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

October 2008